These are the most troublesome technology issues for SJC students!
I can't log on!
- Did you correctly spell your first and last names?
- Is there a space between your first and last name?
- Is there a space after your last name?
- Is your password correct?
- Is your Caps Lock button off?
My document won't print!
- Is the printer paused? Check your dock. If you see the picture to the left, raise your hand for the teacher. If you're not seeing the paused printer icon, then you have to go to System Preferences > Print & Scan to open the paused printer window.
- Did you print to the office or to the Xerox Phaser (computer lab) printer? Not sure? Raise your hand for the teacher.
- Is the orange light blinking on the printer? It's out of paper OR it's out of ink! Raise your hand for the teacher.
- DO NOT KEEP PRESSING THE PRINT BUTTON!!!!
I can't find a document I've created!
- If you can't find something, ask your Finder guy to help you! Finder > Documents
- "Shine a light on it!" Click the spotlight icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and type the name of your document.
- Or try this: Open Word > Recent Documents > All > your document
I forgot how to name my document!
- File > Save As > Last Name + title of document.
- For example, I'd name my Christmas story "DeMichele Christmas Story."
I can't hear anything out of my headphones!
- Is your headphone jack plugged in all the way?
- Check your volume settings on your keyboard.
- Check your volume dial on your headphones.